Documents needed for motorbike for Central and South America

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 05/16/2017 - 19:14

Documents needed for motorbike for Central and South America

Hello everyone.

I am driving a canadian plate motorbike from Canada to Tierra del Fuego. Does any know what documents I will need when at borders to satisfy customs (or other) requirements?

Theres the obvious proof of insurance and registration, but anything else?


Tue, 05/30/2017 - 23:38

Hello Ural Guy! In planning a

Hello Ural Guy! In planning a trip all the way through Central America, you need to understand that you will spend almost 2 entire days (16 hours) at border crossings. The countries you will cross at a minimum are: Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama. You could cross El Salvador and Belize, if you choose to. Thus, as a minimum, you are going to cross (enter and exit) 5 international borders (twice on a round trip) and the US and Panama coming and going. You really do want to get this part of your trip in order. With crossings sometimes taking between 2 and 4 hours, they can be the most stressful part of the trip. If you are a citizen of another country, you’'ll have to do some additional research to verify the visa, border crossing legalities, vehicle importation laws, etc that apply to you and your vehicle.

Best, regards, lab report writer. Have a nice trip!