FOR SALE: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT - $1500 in Guatemala

1 post / 0 new
#1 Sat, 07/15/2017 - 12:02

FOR SALE: 1994 Ford Explorer XLT - $1500 in Guatemala

### -- 1994 Ford Explorer XLT - $1500 -- ### For sale is my 1994 Ford Explorer that I bought 6 months ago for travelling through Mexico and Central America. I am now ready to fly home (Europe) and have to leave it on this continent. The car is in a great shape, has never left me stranded and is fit to continue the journey or go back to US. The car has US (Minnesota) license plates, and registration is still current until April 2018. The clean title is in my name. I am the third owner, and the first two were family. Both of them have looked after the car well, and have the receipts for the regular maintenance that has been taken (see below for maintenance history). The car is currently in town Tzununa (lake Atitlan). ### Specs ### - Year: 94 - Mileage: 130xxx mi / 210xxx km - Engine: V6 4.0L - Transmission: manual 5-speed - 4wd / 4x4 - Brakes: ABS 4 wheels - Tires: Goodyear Wrangler not half-worn - Towing package & trailer hitch - Sun roof - Roof rack - Power everything - Full specs at http://www.explorerforum.com/ntrprize/spec1994.htm ------------ ### Recent Maintenance ### 123000 mi: - oil and filter - rear brake lines replaced 127000 mi: - oil and filter Tune-up: - fuel filter - air filter - thermostat - pcv valve - wheel alignment 129000 mi: - radial arms (torsionals) bushings replaced - front power windows actuators refurbished 130000 mi: - oil and filter ------------ ### Repairs done by previous owners (major ones listed) ### - Transmission and clutch replaced: 83000 mi - Spark plugs & wires: 115000 mi - Radiator replaced: 118000 mi - Shocks / struts: 121000 mi - Regular 3000 miles services at the dealership until ~60000 mi ------------ ### Issues ### - No parking brake: the parking brake cable has rusted and snapped. Cables could be replaced, or alternatively the car can be simply parked left in gear (which is what I have been doing). If parked on a really steep slope, the wheels can be choked with a piece of wood (included :)) - No air conditioner (broken condenser). Have not been needing it in Guate so far. Have a DIY AC made from a styrofoam cooler and a fan that plugs into the cigarette lighter - worked pretty well in hotter climates. - Broken rear left lens (seen in the pictures); the light still works. Does not cause any problems with the local law enforcement, even on border crossing (there are lots of cars in the same state here). Can be easily fixed with the tail light repair kit (included); alternatively, a lens can be purchased from a local junk yard for cheap. - A dent in the front bumper (from previous owner, hit a stump) - Some rust on wheel arches (seen in the photos) ------------ ### (bonus) Comes with a lot of instruments and spare parts, including: ### - serpentine belt - fuses, light bulbs, tire pressure gauge - wrenches, sockets, screwdrivers - 110V AC inverter & usb charger (plug into cigarette lighter) - DIY cooler 'AC' w/ cig lighter powered fan - fire extinguisher & safety triangles (legal requirements in some countries in Central and South America) + A can of 'Fix-a-Flat' - repair manual ------------ ### Photos ### imgur.com/a/xQbqU ------------ Please feel free contact me with any questions you might have and to arrange a meeting. Thanks, Alex