FOR SALE; 1999 Chevrolet Express converted camper Van. Currently in Nicaragua, heading to Costa Rica & Panama

3 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 04/24/2018 - 13:58

FOR SALE; 1999 Chevrolet Express converted camper Van. Currently in Nicaragua, heading to Costa Rica & Panama

Our 1999 Chevrolet Express converted camper van is for sale in Central America! We are reluctantly ending our road trip in about 2 months in Panama, and are willing to sell earlier to the right buyer in Costa Rica or Panama. The Van was purchased in Vancouver, Canada and is currently on 191,884 kms (119,231 miles). Our BC Canada plates have just expired this week.
We had brand new shocks put in just before we started the trip in Canada, and replaced our transmission and got a full service a few months ago in Loreto, Mexico. We have had no issues with the Van and have made it this far very easily.

Specs:
1999 Chevrolet Express Van
Automatic
Fuel: Gasoline
Engine: 5.0L
Cylinders: V8
KM: 191,884 km/ 119,231 miles
Colour: Burgundy
Rear wheel drive
Cruise control
Air con
All season tires with spare & jack

The Van comes completely ready for wild camping including:
- 3 Heavy duty Vantech roof racks rrp $450 USD.
- Solar panel & sunsaver unit rrp $300 with cables
- Dual battery set up with 350 W inverter, connected to alternator and solar panel.
- Mobicool 50 litre electric cooler fridge powered  by a 12 Volt DC
- Double bed confortable mattress with protector, firm foam, 7 months new from Ikea for $250.
- Hinged bed base for reversable futon couch facing inside or out.
- Ample storage built under the bed in 3 large drawers and extra side storage, 1 wooden cabinet easily removable & storage drawer set
- Solar powered LED strip lights throughout inside, also with battery touch lights installed.
- Electric fan
- Gas camping cookstoves & propane tank
- Camping equipment, assortment of tools, mosquito netting, headlamp, ratchet straps, air compressor, tarp, folding table & chairs, 2 hammocks, 20L water container with pump, 2 fishing rods and fishing knives.
- kitchenware; plates, bowls, thermal coffee mugs, pot, pan, cutlery, utensils, tupperware, dish bucket etc.
Email for more pictures, as my files are too large to upload here :)
$8,000 USD or best offer
email Emma: em.ja.wa@hotmail.com

Sun, 04/29/2018 - 06:45

Camper van

Hey Emma! 

Hope the travels are going well. Wondering if you're still trying to sell the van? How many seats does it have? We're a group of 5 Americans living in Panama right now but leaving in August (able to buy the van before if needed) and heading back to the states. Let me know if you're still trying to sell. Thanks so much, safe journey! 

Cheers,

Sophia

Sun, 04/29/2018 - 08:32 (Reply to #2)

Camper van

Hey Sophia!

Yes we're still looking for a buyer, it has 2 seats and the bed folds up to a futon. There are no seat belts in the back but it doesn't matter driving through Central America. 

If you could send me your email address I can send more photos :) my email is em.ja.wa@hotmail.com