WANTED - Car/ Camper Van in October 2017 in Chile

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Sat, 05/06/2017 - 09:44

WANTED - Car/ Camper Van in October 2017 in Chile

My boyfriend and I are looking for a car or a camper van to buy in october. The plan would be to buy it in Chile. But we would like to sell the car in Colombia and therefore the car needs to be sellable in an other country than Chile. I think because of that it can't be a chilean car. Or am I incorrectly informed? There should be an possibility to sleep inside the car. 

If you have something suitable please let us no.

Thanks.

Yasmine and Cornel

Sat, 05/06/2017 - 10:29

Selling my camper

Hola, I have a Toyota truck with a camper that I plan to sell in Chile around October-December. It's in great shape and has Canadian plates so can be Sol in most countries. Email for details. Erik93j@gmail.com 

Sun, 06/25/2017 - 08:30 (Reply to #2)

Canuck Plates?

Hey Erik, in what province is the vehicle licensed? Neil (from Ontario)

Sat, 05/06/2017 - 13:09

Camper Van in Chile For Sale

$6,950 - 2013, Excellent, Second Owner, Chevrolet N300 van converted into a camper. I'm a mechanic and know vehicles. Anyone looking knows Chileans do not take care of their vans, most of those you find are a mess, driven to death, trashed then sold for high prices. I spent two months looking for this van, bought it from a reputable dealer and paid extra because it was well worth it. I have been in Chile for more than 10 months and eighty percent of the almost 50,000 kilometers on the meter are highway, that is about 31,000 miles. Those who know vehicles will tell you open road driving is the best for any vehicle. I normally get 13+ KM/liter in town and as much as 15 on the highway. It holds 54 liters of gas when filled to the top and will normally go more than 700 kilometers on one tank! It has an excellent 5 speed transmission and very easy to drive. I installed an extra large battery for camping and sometimes watch two or three movies a day. It has good tires, an excellent radio/CD player, fantastic heater, a cooler for food, a propane stove and tank for cooking, custom seat covers and custom bars above the seats and at the top of the rear window for hanging clothes or towels to prevent anyone seeing in side while sleeping. I installed foam on the inside walls for temperature and sound control, a bed with a very nice foam mattress, under which is storage. I recently renewed the license. If you are ready to go camping it is ready to take two people wherever you want to go. I am selling it only because I need a larger van capable of pulling a boat that I am building.

For those of you interested I am talking with a Chilean friend about selling camper vans with an option to buy them back when the tourist is done with them. Anyone interested can contact me.

Sun, 05/07/2017 - 08:11

Mitsubishi l300 exceed 4x4

hey, 

we want to sell our car in Columbia. it has canadian plates and you can sell the car everywhere. it is in a good shape (maintainance every 5000km). It has a good bed and everthing you need to cook (litte kitchen). price for the car and the whole stuff 6500usd.

more information (travel, car, borders...)  on the phone if you like.... 

my WhatsApp number:

+59160357195

Sun, 05/07/2017 - 09:55

Rental a Possibility?

Hi Yasmine and Cornel,

I can't assure that chilean registration isn't a problem, but the buyer of my oldest rental camper preferred to return from Colombia to sell it; he has entries in this forum under Dodge Camper.

If you rent, border crossings are deffinitely not a problem despite the chilean plates. The affordability surely depends of the length of your planned journey. Rental for sure also allows - or has the advantage of - oneway trips; you may return the vehicle in a different place than where you picked it up, no matter it's from Chile. Buying/selling outside - as with foreign registration in Chile - I do not have direct experience, my mini-entrepreneurship is rental. But be careful with or have a look at mishaps that are in other entries of this forum, as there also are successes.

How many people are going to travel, 2 or 4?

Regards

Gerd ESC

Sun, 05/07/2017 - 11:49 (Reply to #6)

Hi Gerd,

Hi Gerd,

we are actually two couples, so 4 people. But we want to buy two vans/ campers. Or rent them. Do you have a website for the rentals?

Best

Yasmine

Sun, 05/07/2017 - 13:06 (Reply to #7)

Rental Possibility

Sure, Yasmine:

as indicated under my forum's name, www.esctouring.cl; camper details under www.esctouring.cl/en/campers, newest photos to be loaded soon (I could advance some per email). The left camper of my forum's photo fits 2 couples comfortably, we just drove it up to Machu Picchu and back last July; but you might prefer separated vehicles/housings. For the time being I do not have two 2 people equipments to offer.

Further details and alternatives gladly per mail.

Best regards

Gerd

Sat, 07/08/2017 - 06:31
Sat, 07/15/2017 - 14:57

Nissan Pathfinder for sale

Hello,

We'll be selling our Chilean-plated Nissan Pathfinder in Chile in October. Seeing as we purchased and plan to sell it in Chile, I can't answer your question regarding selling it in Colombia, but if you're interested just send me your email (mine is sspurcell@gmail.com) and I can send you the link to our dropbox with all of the details and photos!

All the best,

Steph & Cyril