2005 Freightliner (Mercedes) Sprinter Van - USD$12,000 - Santiago, Chile

12 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 05/31/2016 - 09:07

2005 Freightliner (Mercedes) Sprinter Van - USD$12,000 - Santiago, Chile

Our Sprinter van is available for sale in Santiago.

Main benefits: It’s big enough for a couple or small family, and small enough to fit in the narrow streets of colonial towns. You can stand up inside, sit up to four people with seatbelts (five or six without), and boondock in the streets without being too obvious. You can cook inside when it's windy or raining. It also fits nicely into a highcube shipping container once everything is off the roof. And we’ve been averaging 21mpg so far. 

It’s a 2005, 140” wheelbase, high roof Freightliner Sprinter with the economical 5cyl, 2.7L turbo diesel engine. Automatic transmission with 206,000 miles (at the time of posting this ad). The interior is currently set up for a family of four - 2 bunks in the back, sofa/bed, lots of cabinet space, Waeco fridge, manual water pump, sink, 120W solar panel, roof rack, Fantastic Fan, swivel passenger seat, house batteries, battery isolator (also charges while driving), Coleman stove with 5lb propane tank, extra jerry can and more.

The undercarriage is free of rust; the body has some. It used to have a leak above the front seats before we purchased it, but it since has been fixed. The engine runs strong, the transmission shifts smoothly and it’s been a pleasure to drive down the PanAm and backroads.

List of recent work:
Seattle:
New rear shocks
New multi function switch
New air, cabin air, diesel and oil filters

San Luis Obispo:
New AC compressor and belt

Mexico City:
New brakes all around
Front suspension
Rear dif fluid
New axle seal and pinion seal
New belt tensioner and pulleys

Colombia:
Changed fuel and air filter
Oil Change
New front A/T tires

Peru:
Repacked the bearings and new seals
Re-padded the emergency brake pads

Chile:
Oil change
New driveshaft bearings
New front wheel bearings

Wed, 06/01/2016 - 10:33

Hi

Hi, how are you?

Maybe you remember me, you give me a ride from rio tranquilo to near cochrane, you went to a national park near some Alpacas. Little world...

How is going your trip?

We could stay in contact. My mail is [email protected]

I'm planning to buy a van, but have little budget for it, yours is still to pro an expensive for me jaja..

Regards,

Tue, 06/07/2016 - 19:11

Raimundo, nice to hear from

Raimundo, nice to hear from you! Yes, let's stay in touch. We'll send you a note via email. Happy travels!

Mon, 06/13/2016 - 17:16

Interest

Hey,

we would be interested to buy your camper. Can you tell me if it is possible to install a gas cooker and gas heater in the car as we want to travel to Patagonia? You can also write me an email to sebastianbarth[at]gmx[dot]de

Thanks

Sebastian

Wed, 06/15/2016 - 07:41 (Reply to #4)

Hi Sebastian,

Hi Sebastian,

We sent you an email. Let us know if you have questions.

Victoria

Wed, 06/15/2016 - 02:45

Want to buy a camper

Hi we are interested in buying a camper for 2 adults and 2 teenagers and your vehicle would work for us. We land in Santiago 26th July, with $10,000 USD to spend. If you would consider selling for around this price in Santiago and can help us change ownership we would be very interested. our email is [email protected]

Wed, 06/15/2016 - 07:42

Hi Chris,

Hi Chris,

We sent you an email. Let us know what you think.

Thanks,

Victoria

Sat, 06/18/2016 - 15:27

buy your van

Hi Victoria,

I'm very interested in your van.  Is it still for sale?  I'm in Santiago now.  I hope we can meet, look over the van together, and come to a deal.  Thanks.  Jack.

Sat, 06/18/2016 - 17:34 (Reply to #8)

Hi Jack,

Hi Jack,
The van is still for sale. Would you mind sending me an email to discuss? It's viceugar (at) Gmail (dot) com.
Thanks,
Victoria

Tue, 06/21/2016 - 20:05

Just what we are looking for

If you are still looking for a buyer in the October time frame let us know.

Thanks,

K n C

Wed, 06/22/2016 - 18:10 (Reply to #10)

Sorry, K n C. We will be gone

Sorry, K n C. We will be gone by then. 

Mon, 08/01/2016 - 13:26

Definitely interested

Hi, please may you email me... [email protected]
We are v interested and would like to discuss further.
Thanks
Paul