AWD 2005 Subaru Outback in Peru

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, 04/09/2015 - 17:52

AWD 2005 Subaru Outback in Peru

Hello fellow travellers - We (me and my wife) have been traveling with a Chilean 2005 AWD Subaru Outback Station Wagon for the past 4 months through South and Central South America. We are currently in Peru. The initial plan was to finish the trip in Ecuador. Unfortunately we have to cut short our trip and head back home on a short notice.

We purchased the car in Santiago, Chile 148K Kilometers. We purchased the car because it was religiously serviced and maintained by the previous owner. Before heading out we upgraded the Chileno with the following new parts (~1800 USD worth of work) to make it rock solid:

- Brake pads
- Water pump
- Thermostat
- Radiator
- Rear wheel bearings
- Rear bushings
- Complete rear window tinting

The only maintenance that we had to do throughout our roadtrip was just regular oil change. The car now has 161KKilometers on it.

We slept in the car through most of our travel (The seats fold all the way down). Else we either wild camped where we felt safe or used hostels (in cities). It is a perfect blend of space and comfort. Drives like a car and has space for all sorts of overlanding needs. Also gives great mileage, 130KM for ~ 10 litres.

We are in Cusco, Peru right now and hope to sell it somewhere in Peru (preferably Lima) in the next few weeks. We have all the paper(s) with us and know how the process works to have it transferred.

It's a great car and perfect for overlanding. We have been through Chilean and Argentinian Patagonia, Atacama, Uyuni, the Bolivian Cordillera and now Peru. Driven through everything from asphatled auto pista to the Carratera austral to dirt roads, and many high mountian passes, all without problems. Its very comfortable to drive long distances and the AWD is amazing when needed.

The price is 8500 USD 8000 USD. Feel free to reach out if you have any questions either about the car or the trip so far. If you want a reliable overlanding companion this is the one. 

Car Details:

- Trim: 2005 Outback 2.5i
- All wheel drive
- Automatic 4 speed transmission
- 60L tank (petrol/gasoline)
- Power windows
- Air-conditioning
- Tinted windows
- Anti theft alarm
- Steering wheel lock
- Safety Kit

Plus additional overlanding necessities for the kitchen and the car on the road.

Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks & Happy travelling.

Fri, 04/17/2015 - 17:17

hi, email sent. let me know

hi, email sent. let me know if you didn't receive it.

Sat, 04/18/2015 - 20:23

Hi,

Hi,

Is the car still for sale? Im looking for one like yours to drive trough Brazil but will land in Santiago 23th of may.

Please let me know Thanks.

Sun, 12/17/2017 - 00:30

AWD 2005 Subaru Outback

Best car, We all love to choose platform for shring any things fb password hack that most of users wants to know about that..