Mercedes Sprinter Motorhome for SALE!
Mercedes Sprinter Motorhome for SALE!
For sale 2005 Mercedes Sprinter 308 2.2 CDI with full camper conversion. Mercedes Sprinters are the workhorse van for most tour bus operators in Chile, Peru and Argentina because of their reliability and economy. The van is amazingly efficient, it's a 2.2l CDI which can eke out up to 1000kms on a 75l tank of diesel when cruising highways. In Chile you'll pay~50,000 Chilean Pesos (~$100 or £50) to fill it up. The van also has good ground clearance ~8inches, and can cope with the majority of unmade roads you'll find in Chile, Bolivia etc. just fine. We also did the carreterra austral (all rainy days) with no problems.
The van was bought and converted in Chile, and is perfect for two people to travel and live in in comfort (even luxury - it's got a wine rack and wood burning stove after all!) It was designed and built for two people ski touring, although could easily be used as a base for a bigger group with the use of tents etc. The van would also be a great base for kayaking or surfing as it is well insulated, has lots of storage and the wood stove gets lots of wet kit dry quickly.
The kit list is as follows:
- Double burner gas hob with 31 kg gas bottle.
- 70l of water storage
- Electric water pumps providing running water for the sink and cold outdoor shower.
- ample seating in the back can comfortably accomodate 5 people (6 at a squeeze) for great van socials!
- Beautifull wooden fold up table.
- Lots of storage inside that swallows all your climbing, ski or whatever gear :)
- 2 Skylights, LED lighting
- Roof vent.
- Seating coverts into a double bed.
- darkened back windows plus curtains back and front for privacy
- Sink with tap fed by electric pump and external drain.
- 100Ah liesure battery to supply power to lighting and pumps and provide start assist to the starter battery if required.
- Split charging relay for liesure battery
- Solar panel and solar charge controller
- Woodburning stove to keep you cosy and warm in the coldest of places!!
- Fully equiped kitchen/dining set ( pots, pans, utensils, plates, knives, forks etc.)
- Cooling box
- Smoke and CO alarm
- 3 bottle wine/whisky/pisco rack.
- A bunch of storage boxes and tupperwares to keep everything organised and orderly.
- Radio/CD player with jack for MP3 player
- Small 12v to 220v AC 150W inverter for charging electronic devices.
- 12v air compressor/tyre pump
- Second spare wheel
- 20l jerry can
- Fire extiguisher
- Smal folding shovel (the toilet or for digging the van out if you get it stuck somewhere!)
- Warning triangle
- Spare fuel filter
- Spare oil filter
- Selection of spare bulbs and fuses
- Feather duvet, pillows and bed linen
- tent for two people, two sleeping bags and sleeping pads, camping stove incl propane cans
- Steering wheel locker
Basically the van has everything you need for your South American adventure so all you have to do is rock up, do the deal and take the keys!
The van is an ex-ambulance and has 189,000 kilometers on the clock currently. The previous owners had a lot of work done on the mechanics to make sure the van was reliable for our trip so should run trouble free for a good few tens of thousands of miles yet. The following work was done altogether:
- Clutch and dual mass flywheel replaced at 155,000km, only Mercedes Original parts used, all receipts will be provided.
- Full engine rebuild at 155,000km, only Mercedes Original parts used, all reciepts will be provided.
- New Maxxis Bravo AT tyres fitted at 162,000km.
- gearbox and diff. oil changed at 155,000km
- Drive shaft centre bearing replaced at 163,000km
-service and oil change in march now!
The revision tecnica (Chilean MOT or roadworthiness test) is valid until August 2015
Vehicle insurance is valid until June13; includes the following countries: Argentina, Uruguay, Paraguay, Brazil, Bolivia and Chile!
Permision de circulacion is valid until the end of August 2015
The bodywork is well used, but sound.
The van will be available from April in Santiago Chile. Other places in Chile might be doable, let me know.
Ownership procedure: it is easy and fast (<3 days), and we will guide you through the steps. Cost will be around 250 USD for the notary, which we will share. There is no need to do a border crossing together. Go safe and feel easy while travelling by having legal papers!
Price 9.900 USD !!! :)
For PICTURES please use the following dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/9e5ga9qdv941qv8/AAABuwt6V_sZMimMgNTiPVj5a?dl=...
If you are interested or want more information please write directly to
[email protected] (german and english only)
We hope our beloved home finds new awesome traveller parents! :)
Michael & Denise