Mitsubishi L300 Campervan fully equiped (End of January - beginning of February) - Stormtrooper

1 post / 0 new
#1 Sun, 12/09/2018 - 14:57

Mitsubishi L300 Campervan fully equiped (End of January - beginning of February) - Stormtrooper

Mitsubishi L300 campervan 2.0 L Gasoline (Late January or early February in Santiago, Chile)

Hi there,

I am putting my campervan online again. Buyer backed out of the sale last minute unfortunately. I will fly out of the country but the van will be sold through my a legal representative. So this campervan will be sold with a consular poder.
I have to get back to working life, so I´m selling my campervan after travelling around from Colombia until Chile for 4 months. The van has Chilean plates which will make the sale in Chile easier. The van comes with all the necessities needed for an outdoor adventure. An important asset for this van is that the engine is completely revised about 20.000 km ago (at the time of sale). Literally every part inside of the engine except for the outer shell has been replaced with new parts. It has gone past 20k already, which is an important milestone for a revised engine. Also, the van is well-secured with double locks on every door and a car alarm (can be completely switched off with remote control). For more details, photos and history about the van send me an email. We can call with skype or whatsapp and I´ll tell you all about the van!

Link to fb add: 
https://www.facebook.com/groups/overlandingbuysell/permalink/22573500445...

Engine and general car info
Brand & model: Mitsubishi L300
Engine: 2.0 L gasoline, Manual shift 5 gears
Drive: Rear wheel drive
Year: 2010
License plates: Chile
Height with roofrack: 216 cm
Width: 167 cm
Kilometers at time of sale
                Engine: ± 22.000 km
                Van: ± 160.000 km
Gas usage: 10km/l
Spare wheel: under back bumper

This type of van is one of the ideal vans to buy for an overlanding trip in South America. It fits in with mid to higher segment quality vans. It doesn´t match up with the quality of some more expensive vans but for the price range the Mitsubishi L300 is one of the best models you can get. The van is a very solid build and the engine is excellent. Because of its popularity, the parts for the Mitsubishi L300 are accessible and cheap all over South America. The L300 is used in multiple countries as public transport, which also why sometimes people will start waving at you (I have done some free taxi services, a lot of fun). The outside definitely has its portion of scratches and bumps, but at least it doesn´t look like an expensive campervan with some nice gadgets to steal.
The van is in good shape as I, and the previous owners too, have always taken good care of it. This means doing the regular oil, oilfilter, airfilter change around 5000 km´s. Having checkups on the van by recommended Ioverlander garages every 10.000 km´s. The van is rear wheel drive which gives you some more grip while taking some more difficult, steeper and rougher terrain. It is not an off-roading 4x4, but it has taken me up some very steep, rocky, bumpy terrain. The previous owners have had some trouble with the engine and decided it was best to do a complete revision of the engine, so the inside was brand new again and they´ve kept the outer shell so that it still matches with the documents. This was done in a 10-day operation with fine-tuning and slow driving for the first 5000 km´s to run in the engine.

Important replacements on the way

112.000 4 x new tires
118.000 New fuel pump and new spark plugs
120.000 1x new tire (puncture)
125.000 New front brake pads and brake fluid replaced
126.000 New starter motor
128.000 Coil replaced and hydraulic piston valves
138.000 All parts of engine replaced except for outer shell (distribution belt, valve guides, oil pump, pistons and rings, rod bearings, engine bearings, crankshaft, connecting rod, gaskets, half moons, engine valves, engine grinded)
147.000 New driveshaft bearings & new tie rod ends on front wheels
156.000 New bearings front wheels, new upper and lower ball joints, new tie rod ends and drag links
156.000 New front brake discs

Front/cabin
Three seater
Radio (mp3 cd´s, aux, bluetooth pairing device with 2 usb charging ports)
4 speakers (front two 4 inch and I installed two 6.5 inch oval speakers in the back for a little more sounds)
Custom cupholders with drawer
Little drawer for change (nice for money for tolls)
Glove compartment with plenty of space
Above head some extra pockets to put sunglasses and other personal belongings
Engine is under front two seats (typical in South America)
Tools for the car
Separate steering wheel lock
Hydraulic jack and wheel brace
Electric battery powered starter
Jump starter cables
Fuel funnel
Required safety equipment (2 red triangles, safety jacket, mini medical kit, fire extinguisher, red & white stickers on the outside required for Peru)

Kitchen
Practical and simple kitchen in the back. I like the stove and I´ve cooked some really nice meals on it. The flames go from really low to really high and it´s pretty big, so the pans don´t get in the way of each other. There is a board that flaps out so you can use it as a table so you have some space to set stuff while cooking. There is more than enough storage space for all the cooking equipment (pans, utensils, cups and plates). Also enough space to store extra food and keep your fruits and veggies. On the left bottom there is a spice rack where I stuff sauces, spices and cleaning stuff. You can take out the rack to reach extra tools for when you´re doing a campfire or barbecue. On the bottom you see two boxes for storage and on the right the 20 L water tank. The electrical pump works with a simple switch, so you have easy access to running water for cooking and doing dishes.
Double stove with big gastank (10 L)
20 L tank of water with electric pump
Frying pans with lids: 1 big, 1 small
Saucepans with lids: 2 smaller ones
5 storage boxes
Two tubs for doing dishes (soap & rinse)
Spice-rack with three shelves
4 camping mugs
4 bowls and a bigger salad bowl
4 plates
Bread-toaster for on the stove
Plenty of forks, knives, spoons and teaspoons
4 sharp kitchen knives from big to small
Cutting board
Lime press
Can opener
BBQ/campfire tools (Axe, woodsaw, small shuffle, bbq-tweezers, working gloves)

Living part
The van has wooden isolation from the back to front of the whole van. Behind the wood there is an extra layer of isolation too. The bed can be pulled out two form a bed for two persons. Pulling out the bed, and taking the backrest and placing that on the side, is fairly easy and fast. Mattress is a thick foam mattress that has been more than comfy. It comes with two fat comfy blankets and all the bedlinen etc. When the bed is not pulled out it leaves enough space on the side of the bed to sit on and get dressed with the door closed.

There is a 185 W solar panel on the roof that is hooked up to an extra 100 Ah deep cycle battery. Between the solar panel and the extra battery is a controller hooked up, that charges the battery, supplies power to the water pump, and has two usb-ports to hook up phones or the mini-fan for some cooling at night. A small refrigerator could be hooked up, but I didn´t feel the need for it. Through the 400W inverter there are two power sockets with both 4 plugs available to charge phones, laptops or other equipment with 220V. Underneath the bed there are two big storage boxes and behind that there is a smaller box with spare car parts and car jack. At the bottom of the bed there are four storage boxes and above a lightweight cotton closet for clothes. There are loads of hooks to hang coat hangers or other equipment. It also comes with an electronic safe that is secured to the van for valuables, and important documents. The door on the side, backdoor and front windows can be opened at night and closed off with mosquito nets for maximum air ventilation in hotter areas. Also there are curtains all around that can be pulled down to block the light.

On the left side of the van there is extra space for luggage and tools. There is a toolbox that comes with all the small tools you´ll want for on the way (screwdriver, tape, adjustable key, pliers) and some extra parts and tools. I have always kept all my kitesurfing and extra equipment I rarely used on this side. My kitebag and kiteboard 138x40x20 cm slid in easy enough. Any other equipment like diving or climbing equipment or just extra luggage would easily fit in here. Then there is the extra space on the roof rack, which can be used for extra luggage, hitchhikers, mountain bikes, or surfboards. Also the roof rack is a good post to attach an hammock to.
Pull-out bed
      Measurements 200 x 95 cm
      When pulled out 200 x 135 cm (measurements of a 2 person tent)
Thick foam mattress (10 cm)
2 thick feather duvets (both doubles) can be placed in European duvet cover if wanted
2 sheets
1 pillow
Electronic 4-digit code safe (with two keys)
2 big storage boxes under bed
4 storage boxes at the bottom end of the bed
Cotton closet for clothes above bottom end of the bed
Hooks all around to hang items
Wooden closet with three parts for books or other things
185 W Solar panel with controller
110 Ah deep cycle battery
400W inverter
Electricity system (incl. electricity outlet for NL, US, CL, PE, EC, CO)
Inside lighting and outside lighting
Two camping chairs
Very solid foldable camping table
Portable 10 L camping shower bag

Sale and travel with the van

The sale will be conducted in Chile through a person I chose as my representative. Depending on the timeframe I will able to decide how to do it exactly. I will either have a poder written in the name of my representative and he has the power to sell the van.
When you get to Chile you will have to obtain a Chilean RUT (tax number. This can be obtained ahead of time through a company or in Chile (when done in Santiago it has to be done together with a Chilean citizen with their approval). Then the transfer of the van into your name will be done. You will wait for the official papers (padron) to arrive for the car before being able to leave the country, that´s the standard process.
When traveling with the van it is all set up for travel and camping so that will be the most fun to do, however what I’ve also done is park at hotels and hostels and use their facilities for super cheap average probably 3 usd (Bolivia, Peru, Ecuador, Colombia). That way you can enjoy their showers, bathrooms and maybe a lobby to sit in or a bigger kitchen to cook in. After a while of outdoor traveling such luxury comfort can be very pleasant. If you would like I could give you loads of tips on where to travel and how to travel (apps to use like: maps.me and Ioverlander). Also I will leave my books about Bolivia and Ecuador behind. The money transfer can be conducted either in Euro´s to my euro account or in Dollars to my US account. It can be done with a regular bank transfer, paypal or with a service like OFX or Transferwise.

I hope I can find a next owner who will treat Misses Stormtrooper well and have as much fun as I did.
Let me know if you any questions or would like to have a chat!

Elliot Manchester
[email protected]
Whatsapp +56 972247628
Skype live: elliotmanchester