South America shipping partner request: Florida to Montevideo Dec 2015 - Cheap 40ft

4 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, 11/03/2015 - 00:05

South America shipping partner request: Florida to Montevideo Dec 2015 - Cheap 40ft

Since the ferry is not working, we are looking for a shipping partner to South America before Dakar 2016:

• To share a 40ft high cube container from Jacksonville, FL to Montevideo, Uruguay. 
  • The vessel leaves JAX every Weds with 26 day transit and 1 week cutoff before shipping.  We were looking at  11/25/15 Cutoff in JAX, 12/2/15 Sail date, 12/28/15 arrival in Montevideo
  • The total quote for the 40 ft container was $3158. We would split this
  • Price includes loading, trucking to the port, export customs clearance, terminal handling and documentation fees in Montevideo. We would still need to get it out of the container there
  • Vehicle must fit under 8.5ft door height and not be over 21ft long
  • We have a great shipping agent in FL, he is currently sending a car down now, so we will have some recent 1st hand knowledge on how smoothly Montevideo is running for shipping.

Cheers

Monica & Jeff Yaeger

www.overlandtheworld.com

Wed, 11/04/2015 - 05:27

definitely interested...

My family and I are headed to SA from New Mexico and are on about the same timeline as you. We are in the process of booking a 20' container but we are definitely interested in saving some $ and sharing a container. Can you send me some more details? [email protected] Thanks, Nate

Wed, 11/04/2015 - 12:26 (Reply to #2)

Florida-Montevideo Container share

Nate,

just emailed you my phone number so we can discuss. I booked the container last night. There is currently a killer airfare to Montevideo for $440; normal prices are over $1200/one way 

thanks

jeff

Fri, 11/27/2015 - 10:31

Your shipping agent

Hi,

Good luck finding someone to share the container with. 

Would you be able to share the contact info for your shipping agent? I'm currently starting the search for shipping from Nicaragua to the U.S.

Thanks!

-alan